Saturday, June 20, 2015

In My Right Mind



It's been a few years since I've posted here. I've been away. Locked in the nuthouse, so to speak. After my last post, I had a meltdown and the men in the white coats took me away.

I was at Starbucks and had a panic attack trying to figure out whether to get a hazelnut upside down soy macchiato or a creme de menthe skinny latte. I dropped to the floor and crawled to a corner, assuming the catatonic position. Someone called 911 and the next thing I knew I was lying in a hospital with an IV stuck in my arm.

I've been out for a few weeks now and am realizing that, perhaps I am crazy, as everyone says. Dr. Channing has not given up on me. She has the gift of perseverance. My therapy at this point consists in finding out why I am crazy. Dr Channing does not like that word. For her, crazy describes what happens on reality TV.

Dr. Channing says that writing down my thoughts will help. So here goes nothing.

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment