Thursday, September 15, 2016

Coffee Break

Following Dr. Channing's instructions to have a nice quiet afternoon out in PUBLIC, I went into a coffee shop today to read a magazine and drink a pumpkin spice latte. The magazine was about traveling to Britain. I imagined myself in red rain boots and holding an umbrella, walking the paths of Charles Dickens, Richard Burton and the Monte Python gang.

Next to me were a couple, a man and a woman. I couldn't help overhearing their conversation. They were having a serious, scientific discussion about alien abductions. The woman believed it was possible and that she may have, in fact, been abducted herself. The man didn't go that far, but was convinced that the moon landing was a hoax. He had a whole list of reasons to "prove it."

I wondered which one was right. Or if they were both wrong. Or both right. My mind flipped and I had to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment