Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Johari Window


Johari Window: a type of exercise or tool designed for people to understand their interpersonal relationships in a better way.

Last year at the art gallery where I work, Cordelia (my supervisor), thought it would be a good idea for all of us to do a Johari Window exercise.

It works like this. There is a master list of adjectives that describe personality traits and the selections are arranged into four quadrants of a "window"

The result? My peers think I'm complex, nervous, self-conscious and tense.

I sound like a Chihuahua.

6 comments:

  1. We like chihuahuas, actually looking for one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny! i love johari windows. i remember teaching them to my students way back when.
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nutschell: I always liked doing those fun personality quizzes, too. There were whole books full of them. Now they have them on facebook..."Which Lord of the Rings character are you?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny Personality tests...
    Nice to see you at A2Z blog fest.
    I am following your blog...
    I like making new friends....
    Please stop at my blog and if you like follow.

    With warm regards....

    http://mydaughtersdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gujjari: Thanks for following! The challenge is loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete