Thursday, February 10, 2011

Best Friends


Last night, Rachel and I talked about life and art over a cup of vanilla latte and a white chocolate mocha. For the record, we are best friends but polar opposites. She's a blonde, I'm a brunette. She wears hiking boots, I wear ballet flats. She likes Chinese food, I like Italian. She's a Sagittarius, I'm a Pisces (Fire and Water!)

Despite our differences, we have a lot in common: We believe in honesty, fairness, integrity and shopping. We are both chocoholics, we drive Hondas and we have insane crushes on Johnny Depp.

Rachel is a go-getter. She works full-time for a veterinarian, takes a drawing class, sings in a jazz ensemble, grows her own organic vegetables, volunteers at  the library, does yoga three days a week and is writing a screenplay.

Me? I'd just as soon stay home and watch TV or read a book, although I will emerge from my cave to go shopping or to the movies. Sometimes I feel guilty because I don't have anything written on my calendar except my appointments with Dr. Channing.

Nevertheless, Rachel is an inspiration. I think I live my life vicariously through her. She always has something interesting going on. She just signed up to run a 10K to raise money for the United Way. Oh, did I mention that she's a marathon runner? Sigh.

Time for a piece of chocolate cake and a glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment