Thursday, February 3, 2011

Please, God, Not Another Wedding!


It's Thursday and that means Dr. Channing and I are going to have a little chat. Actually, I chat and she writes. It's called free association. And believe me, I have a lot to free associate about.

Yesterday was a nightmare. An old "acquaintance" of mine, Mary L., asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. I haven't talked to Mary in months. The last time was at a candle party, one of those home decor get-togethers where you invite everyone you know so you can get a free set of placemats. I was on Mary's list of "butts-to-fill-the-chairs."

It appears that Mary wants seven bridesmaids but she doesn't have enough close friends or family to fill the slots. I'm a slot-filler. It was a slap in the face. Not to mention, I hate weddings. I've been a bridesmaid six times because I can't say "No." Dr. Channing is going to have to use her magic wand and get me off this carousel of insecurity.

No comments:

Post a Comment