Thursday, February 24, 2011

Regrettably...


...I accepted Mary's invitation to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. I wanted to say "no," but the part of my psyche that wants to please others and abhors every form of conflict and confrontation said "yes."


So after work today I meet with Mary and the other BM's (seven all together) to discuss dresses. I'm hopin' and prayin' that Mary's colors are not completely hideous. My last bridesmaid experience showcased "Yours Truly" in a lemon yellow, Southern Belle gown with fuschia magnolias pinned to my bodice. With the sweetheart neckline, I looked like a cheap Valentine card.


The good news is I've lost weight, thanks to Rachel forcing me to go to yoga class. I feel energized, have a more positive outlook -- and my Happy Baby Pose is noticeably improved.


I have to reschedule my session with Dr. Channing for tomorrow. I don't think she would approve of the bridesmaid thing. She knows I hate weddings and she knows that I especially hate bridesmaids. Her imminent disapproval gives me pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment